Who we are
Bible Open Air Mission (BOAM) is an independent, fundamental, Baptist mission dedicated to open-air evangelism. BOAM was founded in April of 1991 by two evangelists, Art Williams and Jack Kreidler, and a group of Independent Fundamental Baptist pastors. It operates as a non-profit 501c3. BOAM is a by faith mission.
Our vision is to establish teams worldwide to reach the unsaved with the gospel of Jesus Christ. In so reaching the lost we hope to establish bible studies among new converts which will eventually become churches. We consider this the Pauline approach to church planting. Our prayer is that God will establish a team in one new city (USA) and one new country (international) every year.
Our Lord’s Commission in Mathew 28: 19 & 20 is “ Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen” BOAM is committed to the great commission.
- Open air evangelism; street by street, park by park, subway by subway, village by village. (75% to 90% of our Lord’s ministry was open air evangelism) 1Cor.1:21 “For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.”
- Helping to train church teams, Bible college teams, seminarians, special groups, etc. in how to reach the lost effectively for Christ.
- Directing converts into Bible studies and good churches.
- Training and sending nationals to reach their own people.
- Starting Bible studies with converts in new un-evangelized areas.
- Converting the Bible studies into churches over time.
- Helping the pastors of the new churches in every way possible to minister to their flock.
In India alone, at present, we have 107 churches planted and 136 Bible studies we hope to soon convert into churches.
If you feel that the Lord is calling you to open-air evangelism please do two things. First, remain in fervent prayer concerning your calling. Secondly, if led by the Spirit of God, contact us and we will show you how to proceed in terms of applying to the Mission Board.